Saturday, May 2, 2015

Gone but not forgotten

Well, its all over .... the Amarok is officially gone!  Got a call from the panel beater to say the car was getting transferred to them and they even gave me a fix date!

30 minutes later, got a call from insurance company to say the car was a writeoff and would not be fixed!  Gotta wonder if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing!

Those pictures show 18K worth of panel damage to my car and that's without any mechanical work which would be another several thousand.

Final Thoughts

The Amarok was a great car, in fact I often referred to it as the best car I have ever owned.  I can divide that into a few other statements.
- It was the best tow vehicle I have ever driven (better than my 100 series V8 landcruiser)
- It ran a close second to the most capable 4x4 (just edged out by my twin locked 80 series)
- Fuel consumption was unbelievable 850km's to every tank even around town
- comfort was excellent although not as good as the 100 series

I would definitely get another one but at the moment, it's not going to happen.  I am not traveling as much as I used to and having a 50K vehicle sitting around is not the best use of funds.

If you are considering buying one, I say go for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment